Skip to main content

StarCraft - Forever more...


During these years, game market has been increased surprisingly. Many new games appear, while many others were just simply kicked out. And it affects the society of gamers significantly. People rush to find kooler, more exciting one. Living among this situation, can we possibly find an-everlasting-game for ourselves? Yes. For me, it’s not anything else but StarCraft.

How long for a good game to survive? Can people play a game in years –still interestedly? But it was suprising, when I think about StarCraft. The first time I saw the game, I was only six or seven (so it should be about 10 years ago!). I came over to Duc’s house, and he was playing it. At that time, computer wasn’t even popular. And StarCraft was there, how incredible!

But I hadn’t involved in the game much, until I got my first computer when I was in grade sixth – it’s in 2000 -7 years ago. I was interested so much, that I played it in all my free time! I was n’t good at typing, but I was so good at …typing StarCraft cheat codes. Now I still remember them clearly, though haven’t used them for a long time.

It was so kool when I met one of my classmate – Long. He was so crazy of playing the game, and we therefore stucked to each other. For my whole life studying in Tran Dai Nghia school, maybe I remember most about our “campaign”- rush for spots. In every afternoon, when the bell rang to finish the school, we –including Long, Lam, Khoi,… and me – ran our best to the game store (or whatever you call it). It was incredible! The entire TDN’s junior hight school-boys rushed to the computers – which were only about 30 spots! How happy we were when we all could sit down and play together after all. And, we played StarCraft while people around us shooting each other (in Counter Strike game).:D

There are three teams in StarCraft that they call “races”. Terran with its human army, high tech-weapons and vehicles. Zerg, my favorite at that time, has various kinds of …gross monster. (It was really fast and strategic, though) The last one is Protoss, the mysterious clan of alien with kool auras. The three races are equally powerful, and it was totally based on the gamer to win or lose.

But it was 10 years from now. People are attracted by series of online-game, and StarCraft seems to be forgotten. But it is not. Still, there are bunch of people play the game with each other, even online with a suprising number. StarCraft was still played in the latest WCG. And, it now becomes even much more awesome when Blizzard declared that “StarCraft II is coming”!!!

The last thing I want to say, I love so many things. And I love StarCraft also.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fei's Mooncakes

Fei is a Chinese guy at work who is socially awkward. He does not hang out with others, nor does he talk to anyone beyond “Good morning” and “How are you.” It’s not that Fei doesn’t want to: he’s unable to. But he would bring food to us as gifts – Chinese cakes, Chinese candies, Chinese snacks – for Lunar New Years and other Chinese festivals. That’s what people do in Asia as a way to maintain relationships. A social obligation. The Mid-Autumn Festival is near. No one at work besides me, another Asian, knows about this festival. Fei brings mooncakes, a type of round-shaped pastries, to work and gives each of us a box. The packaging looks gorgeous: a red square box with gold patterns depicting a lady dancing next to the moon. Inside is eight round pastries, about two inches in diameter. “Thank you very much!”, I say, as Fei hands me a box. Every day since, Fei comes over to my office and asks if I have tried the mooncakes. I have not, but I will soon, I tell him, feeling slightly guilty

How Many Words in This List That You Know?

How are you doing on your readings in general and more specifically in developing your vocabularies? Recently I started reading a book for my Finance class called The End of Wall Street by Roger Lowenstein. In the very first chapter of the book – a short 6-page prologue, there were many words that I did not know, and I am listing them here: destitute somnolent bulwark scrutinize (to) prick quiescent laudatory salient fervent (adj) frothy parlance umbilical (cord) placate carnage plenitude opiate dictum stupendous I was so surprised to see so many new words in such a small amount of pages! How is this Roger Lowenstein guy? You would think that while reading a finance book, the only words you would stumble upon are technical terms or lingos. Or maybe I am just bad. How many words in the list above that you already know?

Đường Của Tôi

  Hẹn một ngày thời cấp Hai nông nổi Bỏ ngây thơ, tôi góp mặt cho đời Đây là lúc mải chơi game, không học Tôi phó mặc, kệ thứ hạng hư không. Bạn Đường à, sao ngồi bên tôi vậy? Sao nói chuyện luyến thoắng mãi không thôi? Làm kiểm tra sao bạn che tay lại? Tại sao bạn chạm ngỡ ngàng tim tôi? Và tôi chợt nhận ra đời quá đẹp Thơ: nắng đọng; câu hát: sự ru êm Nhận ra đời dành cho ta hy vọng Nhận ra lòng tự nhiên chọn yêu em. Lễ tốt nghiệp trong một chiều mưa rơi Nỗi niềm kia mặc nhiên chưa nói được Đường của tôi không cùng tôi chung bước Mảnh chân tình không trọn vẹn, buông lơi. Ngày hối hả, bao ngả cuộc đời trôi Đường gặp tôi, rồi thôi, câu giã biệt Giã biệt đường đi tôi mải miết Bởi mưa chiều nay đã tạnh, em ơi!