Skip to main content

tHERE & Here


There is a place where…
…my little brother wants to make an Origami dinosaur but he can’t. And he said: “If only Big Brother was here…” The dinosaur, it’s too easy, really easy, but I am not there to help him.

It is where…

…my grandparents think about me everyday, worrying if I am doing ok. They are really weak; I am not there to take care of them.

In that place…

…my best friend gets struggle in his life. He becomes so depressed and lonely. And I am not there to share with him the pain, or make him feel better.

Still there…

…I had my break-dance class. The teacher, the classmates were so nice and I learned a lot. I am not there to continue it.

And that place is where…

…my love exists. But someone has taken it away, and I am not there to protect it.

I am here, in the
US. I am not there. I am not in Vietnam.
It is that in our lives, we always have to give up something, in order to achieve something else. What I am after is big, is important. But also, I have left so many things behind. Regardless it’s right or wrong, it’s indeed where pains spread out, covering all over the body. “Continue to try, continue to fight…” and to realize clearer where I myself belong to…

Vietnam, the land of caring and love…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fei's Mooncakes

Fei is a Chinese guy at work who is socially awkward. He does not hang out with others, nor does he talk to anyone beyond “Good morning” and “How are you.” It’s not that Fei doesn’t want to: he’s unable to. But he would bring food to us as gifts – Chinese cakes, Chinese candies, Chinese snacks – for Lunar New Years and other Chinese festivals. That’s what people do in Asia as a way to maintain relationships. A social obligation. The Mid-Autumn Festival is near. No one at work besides me, another Asian, knows about this festival. Fei brings mooncakes, a type of round-shaped pastries, to work and gives each of us a box. The packaging looks gorgeous: a red square box with gold patterns depicting a lady dancing next to the moon. Inside is eight round pastries, about two inches in diameter. “Thank you very much!”, I say, as Fei hands me a box. Every day since, Fei comes over to my office and asks if I have tried the mooncakes. I have not, but I will soon, I tell him, feeling slightly guilty

How Many Words in This List That You Know?

How are you doing on your readings in general and more specifically in developing your vocabularies? Recently I started reading a book for my Finance class called The End of Wall Street by Roger Lowenstein. In the very first chapter of the book – a short 6-page prologue, there were many words that I did not know, and I am listing them here: destitute somnolent bulwark scrutinize (to) prick quiescent laudatory salient fervent (adj) frothy parlance umbilical (cord) placate carnage plenitude opiate dictum stupendous I was so surprised to see so many new words in such a small amount of pages! How is this Roger Lowenstein guy? You would think that while reading a finance book, the only words you would stumble upon are technical terms or lingos. Or maybe I am just bad. How many words in the list above that you already know?

Đường Của Tôi

  Hẹn một ngày thời cấp Hai nông nổi Bỏ ngây thơ, tôi góp mặt cho đời Đây là lúc mải chơi game, không học Tôi phó mặc, kệ thứ hạng hư không. Bạn Đường à, sao ngồi bên tôi vậy? Sao nói chuyện luyến thoắng mãi không thôi? Làm kiểm tra sao bạn che tay lại? Tại sao bạn chạm ngỡ ngàng tim tôi? Và tôi chợt nhận ra đời quá đẹp Thơ: nắng đọng; câu hát: sự ru êm Nhận ra đời dành cho ta hy vọng Nhận ra lòng tự nhiên chọn yêu em. Lễ tốt nghiệp trong một chiều mưa rơi Nỗi niềm kia mặc nhiên chưa nói được Đường của tôi không cùng tôi chung bước Mảnh chân tình không trọn vẹn, buông lơi. Ngày hối hả, bao ngả cuộc đời trôi Đường gặp tôi, rồi thôi, câu giã biệt Giã biệt đường đi tôi mải miết Bởi mưa chiều nay đã tạnh, em ơi!